The Ushahidi platform is one of the best-known ICT4D applications for crowdsourced data collection and processing. This four week, online course provides participants with a well-rounded introduction to the Ushahidi platform, addressing both technical and logistical issues. Our goal for this course is to look well beyond how to put dots on a map and instead how we create actionable data to affect change, promote engagement, and return value to contributors and local populations. As long-time Ushahidi volunteer Chris Blow reminds us, the Ushahidi platform is only 10% of the solution. By the end of the course our participants will not only be prepared to become valuable contributors but leaders in this space as well.
Course Topics and Featured Tech
- Security & Privacy in the 21st Century
- Data Validation and Verification Methods
- Crowdsourcing and Crisis Mapping
- Project and Team Management
Participants will be able to…
- install and perform a basic configuration of the platform
- manage users & roles, reports workflow and messages workflow
- install and enable plugins
- facilitate and discern trusted reporters
Group discount rates available. For more details, please contact us at info [at] techchange.org.