TechChange is growing. We’re hiring our first VP of Customer Success to ensure smooth delivery and execution of product lines.
Founded in 2010, we are a social enterprise that works with the leading nonprofits and government agencies around the world to build the best virtual learning and event experiences the world has ever seen.
From delivering of online series of courses on COVID response for frontline health workers to powering the largest human rights and tech conference in the world (RightsCon) to producing the first ever course on gender bias and data in partnership with Facebook, TechChange contributes to some of the most innovative and important (virtual) conversations of our era.
The TechChange platform has over 500K users across some 800 courses, workshops, and events, anchors the product experience and is complemented with services like facilitation, production, and support.
Last year TechChange experienced tremendous growth (300%). We are on pace to double our client base this year in international development while moving deeper into adjacent verticals like public health and government services. Customer Success is absolutely vital to our business. We will not be successful unless our customers receive value from our virtual/hybrid learning and event experiences and we continue to be seen as a premium brand in our sector. This role is responsible for overseeing the team delivering our platform enabled services. In order to do so, this person must be able to provide training, onboarding, and leadership to the team, while growing adoption, retention, and advocating for our partners.
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Improve participant and partner delight with the TechChange model and platform measured through increases in net promoter scores.
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Work with VP of Business Development to build a process and identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through deeper product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Manage Customer Success Activities
- Integrated Services (video production, event management, third party vendors, etc)
- Customer Support
- Map customer touchpoints
- Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
- Define operational metrics for team
- Establish system for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review within team
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team and company
- Lead World-class Customer Success Team
- Recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
- Attract high potential individual contributors into team
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology
- Support systems
- Reference and advocacy solutions
- Customer Success Management platform
- Inspire Customer Success Across Company
- Create company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Align with VP of business development around marketing to existing clients and cross-selling/upselling (with focus on retention)
- Align with the CTO and tech team around driving product roadmap
- Align with COO and Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop and provide ongoing feedback to the TechChange tech team based on your interactions with customers and industry knowledge
- Driven by project execution excellence and customer satisfaction
- 8+ years experience in leading customer-facing organizations
- Experience with online events or online education products
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and some sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Background or some familiarity in global health (our largest portfolio) and government services (where we expect to grow).
- Experience working in remote companies. TechChange staff is mostly located in Washington DC, but many team members are remote.
What Will Set You Apart
- You’re a builder. You’ll be coming into a high growth company with an incredible team and strong brand already in place. You’re a builder who can help set up additional processes and structure to keep pace with market demand.
- You’re accountable. You’re accountable for the bottom line and for making hard decisions with limited resources. Our partners often work on difficult issues with limited resources in impossible circumstances trying new technology solutions and they expect us to deliver on those promises every time.
- You’re comfortable being uncomfortable. We’re looking for someone who wants to lead in a flexible startup environment where solutions aren’t obvious. You are someone who is able to chart a vision and a path with limited input.
- You’re an educator at heart. TechChange is a company focused on learning. We have a deep appreciation for practitioners and companies that believe in continuous learning. Your ability to embrace that mentality and connect with these leaders is ultimately what will make you successful.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Remote work options
- Parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
- Professional development funding