Are you passionate about using your skills to improve the lives of others around the world? If yes, then TechChange might be the place for you. Come help shape the evolution of the digital health ecosystem by working with us on this cutting edge course on digital health — the first of its kind! Train the digital health leaders of today and transform the digital health landscape of tomorrow.
- An established brand in online learning. Check out our on-demand course demo
- A dream team of 20 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Full and part-time positions available
TechChange, with the support of digital health subject matter experts, developed a fully synchronous, online course called Digital Health: Planning National Systems based on digital health materials from the World Health Organization (WHO) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The fully virtual, synchronous course is designed to be highly engaging, anchored in a series of group activities, icebreakers and games, in addition to course deck delivery. It is intended to be delivered over the course of nine, three-hour sessions using a combination of online technologies, including: Google Slides, Zoom, the TechChange Platform, and Miro.
Now that the course has been signed off and approved by the WHO as well as USAID, PATH and Digital Square, we are planning to deliver the course to a variety of new audiences throughout 2021, around the world. The primary course audience are ministry officials working in lower to middle income countries on digital health projects or programs.
We are looking for a part-time contractor (with potential for additional hours, depending on project needs) to serve as a training facilitator. The training facilitator will initially support our primary facilitator in delivering the course (first two deliveries), and then eventually taking on the responsibility of facilitating the course independently with TechChange’s support (by the third delivery). Additionally, when not facilitating, we are looking for someone who can support content improvements and advise on course material revisions and/or adaptations.
Training Facilitators at TechChange are ultimately responsible for partner training success and overall participant experience. Specifically, this role is responsible for the full training cycle: adaptation of existing material for audience-specific needs, delivery of course material and activities, and refinement of course content based on feedback from participants following delivery.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- You’re an educator at heart. You will need to be able to reach participants of a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, connect with them virtually, and get them excited about learning about digital health.
- You’re a strong communicator. You know how to translate and explain complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
- You are experienced in international development. You have some field experience implementing development programs in the LMIC space and understand the context of how international development/humanitarian aid works.
- You have some background and experience in digital health development work. While you are not expected to be a subject matter expert in digital health, you have some working experience implementing digital health development programs in LMICs or training teams on digital health concepts and/or tools.
- You learn quickly. You are confident that you can quickly learn the underlying technical concepts well enough to clearly communicate them.
- You are responsive to feedback. This position requires you to change your approach or update your delivery style in response to direct feedback made by TechChange, the client, subject matter experts, and participants. You must also be able to identify and respond to feedback from participants during course delivery based on their reactions and be able to course-correct in the moment, if necessary.
- You’re accountable. This position requires meeting certain goals to show that you are ready to facilitate the training solo. You are available and accessible for regular meetings and correspondence that will help our team track course progress.
You Might Also Be
- An experienced digital health development practitioner in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Comfortable explaining the following digital health concepts: the digital health enterprise architecture, importance of standards and interoperability, and the purpose of Global Goods.
- Fluent in French. There is a high probability that we will be teaching the course in ministries of health in West Africa, so this would be an asset in those circumstances.
- Experienced at working in distributed companies with international teams, utilizing digital collaboration tools (e.g. Zoom, Google Drive, Miro). TechChange staff is mostly located in Washington DC, but many work abroad and all are remote as a result of COVID-19, so we rely on virtual, online tools for collaboration.
- At least 5 years of experience in international development and/or public health capacity building.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in digital health specifically.
- Minimum 2 years in-person training facilitation experience (online facilitation, a plus)
- Some knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and educational principles
- Ability to complete full training cycle (adapt material, plan, deliver training, reflect and refine)
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent presentation and communication skills necessary
- Fluency in English required (French fluency, a plus)