- An established brand in online learning and virtual events
- A dream team of 20 creative, mission-driven, process-oriented, and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Please note this is a temporary to hire, full-time position
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
This role is responsible for the creation, management and facilitation of powerful proposals and case studies.
For proposal writing, success is achieved through research, understanding partner/end user event and training needs, understanding TechChange capacities (training platform, educational staff, and relevant vendors, etc) and articulating those needs on paper.
For case studies, success is achieved through understanding and synthesizing project outputs and creating narratives that capture success and lessons learned for the broader TechChange community.
- Research and write proposal content, including technical sections, management and staffing sections, resumes, and executive summaries.
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive narrative.
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors.
- Lead in facilitating the proposal process, with support from the VP, Business Development
- Ensure final submission is compliant with donor regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Own and lead the case study development process, including
- Assist in identifying new case study opportunities, with support from the VP, Business Development
- Schedule and participate in client interviews
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive narrative
- Assist in procuring any necessary approvals from partner or clients
- Work with internal team to publish/post
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience writing proposals in the international development and/or US government context
- Understanding of proposal facilitation processes
- Understanding of context/country of RFP.
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Proven persuasive written storytelling skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct case studies.
- Proven ability to adapt writing style for different formats (e.g. formal proposals, corporate websites)
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Google Docs
Distributed work environment (work from home). Position will require extensive time sitting or standing and viewing computer screens.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pound).
- Ability to walk up multiple flights of stairs.
- Ability to travel in the US and international (less than 10% time, when it’s safe to travel again)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a lead writer on technical proposals of at least $250k in value (per proposal).
- A strong win rate on proposals written over the last 2 years
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Deep understanding of international development donor/funder proposal facilitation processes
- Familiarity and/or expertise in learning and development, capacity-building, and educational technology preferred;
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages highly valued, particularly French, Spanish or Portuguese.