Are you passionate about using your skills to improve the lives of others around the world? If yes, then TechChange might be the place for you. Account Managers are ultimately responsible for client success and overall participant experience.
- An established brand in creative work. Check out our animation reel
- A dream team of 20 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
Senior Account Managers are ultimately responsible for partner success and overall learner experience in addition to system strengthening internal responsibilities to the Education Department. Specifically, this role is responsible for the creation and management of powerful training experiences to achieve partner success on tight timelines, with limited resources, and in alignment with TechChange best practices while balancing leadership and internal initiatives.
Success is achieved through building and maintaining partner relationships, understanding partner training needs, and serving those needs through leveraging TechChange training platform and resources, educational staff, and relevant vendors; in addition to a strong Education Department. This will be measured through sustainability and growth of partner accounts, assessments of partner and learner satisfaction; as well as, success and growth of the Education Department.
- Client Contact: Retain clients and build strong, trusting relationships. Schedule and execute regular check-ins with high-touch clients; interval of those meetings to be determined by the size/importance of the client.
- Contracting: Ensure alignment on scope of work, as well as maintain accounts receivable tasks including timely invoicing. Develop and implement strategic plans to manage and grow accounts.
- Success: Proactively review client platform/content use to suggest ways to improve learning outcomes, user success, or client satisfaction.
- Coordination: Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and resources to deliver solutions based on workload, availability, and skill level.
- Business Development: Understanding client needs and identifying new business opportunities within your portfolio; collaborate with leadership on proposal writing by aiding process to generate proposals for new and existing clients; partake in business development leads with upper management.
- Content Development: Consult and drive product line lifecycle (including storyboarding, scripting, and development of projects).
- Technical Knowledge: Developing and maintaining excellent knowledge and understanding of our business, offerings, competitors, and industry.
- Team Support: Act as a leader and resource to others within the Education Department; collaborate with the Director of Education as a resource and problem solver for and with Education team colleagues.
- System Strengthening: Provide insights into systems and processes that will improve role effectiveness across partnerships; head internal system strengthening initiatives, when needed
- Documentation: Identify and develop documentation to standardize and scale partner responses.
- Communication: Leverage partner insights to inform the community through blog posts, case studies, webinars, or other formats.
- Tracking: High level tracking of support request trends, platform usage trends, and other data that may yield macro insights into learner behavior and needs.
Distributed work environment (work from home). Position will require extensive time sitting or standing and viewing computer screens.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- May occasionally lift, carry, stoop, bend, etc. (no more than 20 pound).
- Ability to walk up multiple flights of stairs.
- Ability to travel in the US and international (less than 10% time, when it’s safe to travel again)
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of experience with business development, sales, or account management
- Experience managing large account portfolios
- Strong customer service expressed through excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize evident through adept project management skills
- Highly organized and solution-oriented
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently under pressure
- History of successful business development execution (e.g. renewing partnerships; growing accounts, etc.)
- Ability to align and execute strict deadlines with limited resources
- Knowledge of public health field and/or international development
- Knowledge of Instructional Design concepts and principles
- Knowledge of engagement and/or virtual collaboration software
- Technical Skills:
- Project Management tools: Jira and Trello (or similar task management tools)
- File Storage: Google suite
- Technical skills not required, a plus:
- Familiarity with Metabase
- Familiarity with CRM softwares
- Facilitation tools: Miro, Slido or Mentimeter, Zoom (or similar video conferencing tools)
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages highly valued.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Remote work options
- Parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
- Professional development funding