Are you passionate about using your skills to improve the lives of others around the world? If yes, then TechChange might be the place for you. Project Assistants work collaboratively with team members to support specific short- and long-term projects.
- An established brand in online learning. Check out our on-demand course demo
- A dream team of 20 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Part-time/Hourly positions available
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
In this role, you will support the Public Health Education Team create and execute powerful learning experiences to achieve partner success on tight timelines, with limited resources, and in alignment with TechChange best practices.
You will need some familiarity with global public health and to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. You will support the team by accomplishing a variety of creative and technical tasks as delegated to you by Account Manager(s), coordinate with any necessary contractors and team members, and contribute to the project moving forward on time and on budget.
- Collaboration: Work with internal team members and any outside consultants to contribute to the entire project lifecycle from course development to launch;
- Communication: Report updates verbally and in written form to team members and appropriate supervisor; complete any necessary administrative tasks;
- Problem Solving: Identify potential sources of project stagnation and flag to supervisors; Brainstorm and implement action plan for addressing problems; Follow up diligently to confirm problem has been resolved;
- Creative Thinking: Passionate about human centered design; Support the creation of learner-centered content, activities and creative assets to contribute to learners’ positive education experiences;
- Virtual Facilitation Support: Provide technical assistance and virtual facilitation support using a video conferencing tool and our TechChange platform for live, online public health training sessions;
- Documentation: Utilize existing project plan to track progress (make any necessary improvements or modifications);
- Tracking: Appropriately track working time through a customary system.
- At least one year of global public health experience or commensurate academic experience in public health and/or international development
- Familiarity with Instructional Design and/or Human Centered Design concepts and principles
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with team members
- Ability to collaborate with team members to execute strict deadlines with limited resources in support of project(s)
- A self-starter able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Comfort in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate into new project environments and ask the right questions
- Technical Skills:
- Fluency in Google Suite is required
- Experience with agile methodology tools (Jira and Trello) not required, but a plus
- Experience with Zoom and managing its virtual facilitation functionalities not required, but a plus