Are you passionate about using your skills to improve the lives of others around the world? If yes, then TechChange might be the place for you. Program Managers are responsible for the coordination, management, and execution of online and hybrid conferences and events, from conception to contract completion. This includes coordinating with organizing partners, speakers, TechChange staff, and contractors to execute innovative and smooth online learning and convening experiences.
- An established brand in online learning and virtual events
- A dream team of 20 creative, process-oriented, and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Contract and full-time positions are available
- A passion for bringing people around the world together for conversations on topics including digital rights, global public health, international development, and more.
- Strong client management skills and comfort coordinating with stakeholders of all levels in multi-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of projects from start to finish, balancing deadlines and priorities.
- Curiosity and ease with technology; an ability to support partners, speakers, and event participants to ensure positive online experiences.
- Experience supporting virtual events desired but not required.
- Familiarity with the social sector, nonprofits, INGOs, civil society, or government desired but not required.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages highly valued.
- Manage a portfolio of partners from the US and around the world through each step towards the successful completion of each virtual convening experience.
- Plan and execute full online events, including the configuration of the online platform, coordination of live event production, and communication to establish alignment with partners on scope and deliverables.
- Respond to partner and participant inquiries, including timely replies and clear, concise messaging.
- Coordinate personnel for event success, including collaboration with partners, responding to participant inquiries, and preparing speakers for presentation.
- Manage client relationships, anticipate questions and concerns, prepare and lead regular meetings, and drive timelines forward for on-time deliverable completion.
- Work collaboratively across the team and support the execution of colleagues’ events where necessary.
- Reports to the Director of Events.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Remote work options
- Parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401k, with company matching (eligible after 6 months)
- Professional development funding