TechChange is always looking for amazing online course facilitators. We believe that education should be collaborative, engaging, and fun. We think of our courses as communal learning environments centered on technology for social change.
As an online course facilitator, your role is indispensable: you would help create an online learning community and foster engaging discussions and interactions for four weeks. In addition to facilitation while the course is running, you are expected to spend between 25-40 hours preparing for the course prior to the start date.
This is a part-time contractor position.
We believe that a passion for teaching or facilitating is the most important qualification and want someone who is able to ask excellent questions and actively engage an online learning community. You don’t need to come from a formal education or teaching background, and we welcome non-traditional teaching experience. We don’t require you to be an expert on technology for social good, but want someone passionate about how technology can empower people and communities and can quickly get up to speed on the course topic.
Our courses are built in WordPress and use Google Hangouts for live events.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver four weeks of instructional activities for a collaborative, online learning environment
- Schedule 6-8 guest expert presenters for live sessions throughout the course
- Coordinate with the marketing and communications team on promotional efforts and assist in the creation of materials (e.g., blogposts)
- Work with the creative and instructional design teams to produce additional content
- Engage with participants and lead live sessions
- Provide participants with feedback on final projects
- Work with a super creative and tech-savvy team at the cutting edge of innovation in online learning
- Share knowledge with and learn from a diverse group of participants and experts in the field
- Build your personal brand and expand your professional network
- Become a leader in online education and community management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in applying please submit: 1) the completed online application (below), 2) your resume, and 3) a short teaching statement. Don’t worry if you haven’t written a teaching statement previously! Please just answer these questions: What does teaching/education mean to you? What is your role as an educator?