We’re looking for a self-starting detail-oriented part or full-time director of operations who can keep the office running smoothly! This role will be responsible for supporting day-to-day operations of the organization, invoicing partners, working with account managers, updating documentation, assisting with basic bookkeeping, planning staff retreats/events. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- An established brand in online training and social good
- A dream team of 20 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with clients and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
- Manage day-to-day operational needs
- Reconcile bank transactions and enter information into Quickbooks
- Provide operational and administrative support to the COO
- Provide support and work with account managers for invoicing and other operational needs
- Support communications with students and experts related to operational aspects of TechChange online courses
- Work with HR, accounting, payroll and other providers/systems to troubleshoot any challenges and ensure smooth operations.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar operations role
- Ability to perform a variety of fiscal or accounting functions
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms and be organized, attentive to detail, and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work towards multiple goals, problem-solve and prioritize assignments
- Interest in social change, international relations, development and peacebuilding work at the local or international level is a plus
part of full time. Remote candidates encouraged to apply.
Negotiable, based on experience