We’re looking for someone excited by the challenge of ushering the TechChange Platform into a new phase of growth.
As Chief Architect, you will be responsible for architecting new and existing systems to ensure the viability of the platform as we grow. You will lead the technical vision of the platform and work closely with the development team to implement this vision. We’re a small, dynamic team, so we are looking for someone that can come in and take our platform to the next level.
- An industry-leading, community-focused learning platform
- A dream team of 10 creative and tech-savvy colleagues
- An openness to new ideas and methodologies
- A passion for working with partners and learners who want to improve the world
- A bright former yoga studio for an office in the heart of DC’s U Street corridor
- A remote-friendly work environment – we want people to work where they’re happiest
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative work culture
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are someone who has a strong technical background across the stack. You have a passion for building reliable, scalable solutions and have the battle scars to prove it.
You could work at top tech companies, but making a difference in the world is more important to you. You’re experienced, but believe in lifelong learning. You wake up everyday excited to work with a creative community of peers to build something meaningful. And you want to have a little fun along the way.
- 5+ years development experience in a variety of different roles across the product stack, or other relevant experience
- Experience designing and implementing systems for scale
- Fluency across the tech stack, particularly in microservice driven environments
- Deep understanding of web technologies and passion for keeping up to date with the latest developments in software development
- Healthy skepticism of adopting the latest tech trends
- Passion for robust, performant, well-designed systems
- Comfort using WebSockets and/or WebRTC for building real-time interactions
- Desire to mentor and empower your teammates
- Interpersonal skills with strong ability to explain complex concepts across the development team and across the organization
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent a plus, but not a requirement
You Might Also Have
- Teaching or curriculum design experience
- Knowledge of international relations, development and/or peacebuilding work at the local or international level
Negotiable, based on experience